Listen Live

SURFSIDE, Fla. – Crews searching for survivors of the Champlain Towers South condo building collapse have discovered 10 more victims, raising the confirmed death toll to 46, authorities said Wednesday

>> Read more trending news

Miami-Dade Assistant Fire Chief Raide Jadallah first shared the update during a private briefing Wednesday morning, the AP reported. He added that 32 of the victims have so far been identified. Miami-Dade Mayor Daniella Levine Cava later confirmed the numbers at a news briefing.

As of Wednesday morning, 200 people have been accounted for while 94 are still missing related to the building collapse. Cava stressed that numbers are expected to fluctuate as detectives continue to verify reports of people who remain missing.

>> Related: Surfside condo collapse: Watch controlled explosion bring down Champlain Towers South remnants

“As the magnitude of this catastrophe continues to grow each and every day since the collapse, our community and the world are grieving with all the families who are living through this unthinkable tragedy,” the mayor said. “Every single victim uncovered is somebody’s child, somebody’s mother, somebody’s teacher, somebody’s colleague, a classmate, a best friend. Our hearts break for those who are mourning and those who are waiting and waiting.”

Rescue crews have searched the rubble of the building nearly nonstop since it partially collapsed in the early morning hours of June 24. Officials said the building included 136 units, 55 of which collapsed.

No one has been rescued from the site since the first hours after the building collapsed, when many of its residents were asleep.

Miami-Dade County Fire Chief Alan Cominsky said crews have so far removed 124 tons of debris from the site. The debris was being sorted and stored in a warehouse as potential evidence in the investigation into why the building collapsed, officials said.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.