Listen Live

SURFSIDE, Fla. – Search and rescue crews uncovered the body of a 12th victim Tuesday from the rubble of a South Florida beachfront condominium that collapsed last week, Miami-Dade County Mayor Daniella Levine Cava confirmed during a news conference.

>> Read more trending news

Miami-Dade County Mayor Daniella Levine Cava said that there are 125 people accounted for from the collapse of the Champlain Towers South condominium that collapsed on Thursday. The mayor added that 149 people are still unaccounted for.

Authorities have identified the other 11 deceased as Antonio Lozano, 83; Leon Oliwkowicz, 80; Gladys Lozano, 79; Christina Beatriz Elvira, 74; Frank Kleiman, 55; Stacie Dawn Fang, 54; Manuel LaFont, 54; Marcus Joseph Guara, 52; Michael Davis, 50; Anna Ortiz, 46; and Luis Bermudez, 26.

Officials continue to express concern about the debris that has been falling from the part of the building that is still standing, WPLG reported.

Levine Cava said she and her staff will meet with engineering, construction and geology experts to review building safety issues and develop recommendations “to ensure a tragedy like this will never, ever happen again.”

More than 3 million pounds of debris has already been removed from the site, officials said.

Levine Cava said the county is working to audit the list of the missing people in order to remove duplication and provide more accurate information, the Herald reported.

“We are sifting through all this information,” Levine Cava said. “This is a slow and methodical process,” she said.