Monday is Martin Luther King Jr. Day, a federal holiday that honors the slain civil rights leader.
Because it is a federal holiday, most federal and state employees have the day off. In addition, most federal and state services and offices, such as the U.S. Postal Service and your state’s department of motor vehicles, will be closed.
Here are some other closings you need to know about.
What is closed:
- The court system is closed.
- The U.S. Postal Service is closed.
- Most banks are closed.
- The stock market is closed.
- Most schools are closed.
- The Department of Motor Vehicles and other state departments are closed.
What is open:
- Most retail stores are open.
- Most drug stores and grocery stores are open.
- Most restaurants are open.
- National Parks are open, and on Martin Luther King Jr. Day, admission fees are waived at national parks. You must still pay other fees, such as camping fees or activity fees. The National Park Service does not require park visitors to wear masks in national parks but encourages visitors to follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 safety measures.