Dalco Roofing Contest
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Dalco Roofing Contest (the “Contest”) is open to (i) legal residents of the state of Texas; and (ii) who are 18 years or older and have a valid Texas driver’s license or Texas state ID at the time of entry. Employees of CMG NY/Texas Radio, LLC, d/b/a Cox Media Group Houston (“Sponsor”), CMG Media Corporation, Dalco Services LLC, d/b/a Dalco Roofing (“Dalco Roofing”), and Senior Minor Home Repair Fund, Inc., and each of their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live. Persons belonging to or affiliated with a professional acting, theater, or film-making organization, such as SAG or AFTRA, are not allowed to compete in the Contest or participate in any entry. Professional actors and filmmakers, whether full-time or part-time, are allowed to compete so long as they do not belong to any professional organizations connected with the entertainment industry that would cause Sponsor to pay the entrant or any other person a fee or any other benefit for taking part in any Contest event.
Limit: Only one (1) prize winner may be selected from the same household every thirty (30) days in connection with any Contest sponsored or administered by any of the CMG Houston radio stations (each, a “Station”). If you or a member of your household has won a prize from any Station within the last thirty (30) days, you will be ineligible to receive a prize in this Contest.
3. How To Enter. The Contest will begin at 12:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on January 31, 2023, and end at 11:59 p.m. CT on January 14, 2024 (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor will be the official timekeeper for the Contest.
To enter the Contest, follow the steps below:
o Enter via a Station Website: To enter via a website, visit the “Dalco Roofing Contest” official registration page on the website of a participating station (listed below; each, a “Station Website”) and complete all required information and posted instructions during the Contest Period.
o 93Q Country: 93Qcountry.com
o The Eagle: houstonseagle.com
o Country Legends: countrylegends971.com
o Enter via a Station App: To enter via a Station mobile application (listed below; each, a “Station App”), download the Station App of your choice on a supported mobile platform, visit the “Dalco Roofing Contest” official registration page on the applicable Station App, and complete all required information and posted instructions during the Contest Period. The App is free to download, but only available in the Apple Store or Google Play (for IOS/Android). Standard message and data rates may apply.
o 93Q Country
o The Eagle
o Country Legends
o 93Q Country
o The Eagle
o Country Legends
Limit: one (1) entry via Station App or Station Website per person and per household regardless method of entry. Sponsor is not responsible for any issue that may prevent a contestant from being able to download or access the applicable Station App, Station Website, or complete his/her entry.
Failure to complete any of the steps in this section may result in the disqualification of your attempted entry as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
An entry received through either method of entry, consistent with these Official Rules, will result in one (1) entry into the Contest.
As part of the Contest entry process, you (the “Nominator”) must upload an original essay (100 words or less) nominating a metro-Houston veteran or low-income person (the “Nominee”) with whom you are affiliated in some way, and explain why such Nominee deserves to be recognized as a winner for the Dalco Roofing Contest (the “Entry”). Participants are allowed to nominate themselves to win. All Entries must include the following information:
· Name and address of the Nominee you are nominating
· Why this Nominee deserves to be selected to win.
By entering, you represent and warrant with regard to your Entry:
(i) You are submitting your Entry on your behalf and not on behalf of any other individual.
(ii) It is your own original work or you have all the rights necessary to post or re-post the content. Each Entry must not contain any material that would violate or infringe upon the rights of any person or entity, including without limitation copyrights, trademarks or rights of privacy or publicity, or that is defamatory, threatening, indecent, obscene or offensive, or that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to any applicable laws or regulations, or which requires a license from any third party.
(iii) You have the express written consent of any identifiable locations or persons appearing or referenced in your Entry or entries to their Persona (as defined below) being used in the ways set out in these Official Rules, including Sponsor’s, Dalco Roofing’s, and Senior Minor Home Repair Fund, Inc.’s right to use your Entry for any future commercial purpose without restrictions, and you can make those authorizations available to Sponsor, Dalco Roofing, and Senior Minor Home Repair Fund, Inc. upon request. Upon request, you will obtain written consent of any such persons for Sponsor, Dalco Roofing, and Senior Minor Home Repair Fund, Inc. in the form identified by Sponsor, Dalco Roofing, and/or Senior Minor Home Repair Fund, Inc.
(iv) The Entry does not reference any person other than entrant and the Nominee, or any names, products or services of any company or entity or any third-party trademarks, logos, copyrights, trade dress or promotion of any brand, product, or service.
(v) Your Entry is appropriate for public viewing. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, your Entry does not contain lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, or other content which Sponsor in its sole discretion decides is inappropriate or objectionable. Your Entry or entries must also not disparage or cast a negative light on any person, entity, or brand, product, or service.
(vi) Your Entry has not previously been published or accepted for publication and is not currently under consideration for publication and your Entry complies with all of Sponsor’s requirements and terms regarding the use of its services.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Entry for the Contest if it believes the Entry violates or potentially violates any of the foregoing requirements or otherwise fails to comply with any provision of these Official Rules. You agree to reimburse Sponsor, Dalco Roofing, and Senior Minor Home Repair Fund, Inc. in full in respect of any losses, damages, and expenses, including reasonable legal fees (including, where permitted, reasonable attorney fees) that they may sustain from the breach of a representation or warranty made by you or the use of any rights granted by you to Sponsor, Dalco Roofing, and Senior Minor Home Repair Fund, Inc. hereunder. By entering, you warrant that your Entry or Entries comply with the requirements set out above including those at (i)–(vi) above. By entering, you will and you hereby grant to Sponsor, Dalco Roofing, and Senior Minor Home Repair Fund, Inc. a perpetual, irrevocable, exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sub-licensable, freely assignable license to reproduce your Entry and to otherwise use, exploit, copy, modify, adapt, edit, publish and display the Entry in any form, manner, venue, media or technology now known or later developed for any and all purposes, including, without limitation, for purposes of commercial or trade purposes, advertising, and promotion as Sponsor, Dalco Roofing, Senior Minor Home Repair Fund, Inc. and each of their licensees or assignees determine, without further compensation, notification, or permission. Further, by entering, you hereby waive any moral rights you may have in any Entry in favor of the Sponsor, Dalco Roofing, and/or Senior Minor Home Repair Fund, Inc.
By submitting your Entry you also grant to Sponsor, Dalco Roofing, and/or Senior Minor Home Repair Fund, Inc. the worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully sub-licensable, and freely transferable right, but not the obligation, to use any and all names, identities, titles, likenesses, distinctive appearances, physical likenesses, images, portraits, pictures, photographs (whether still or moving), screen personas, voices, vocal styles, statements, gestures, mannerisms, personalities, performance characteristics, biographical data, signatures, and any other indicia or imitations of identity or likeness listed, provided, referenced, or otherwise contained in the Entry and/or image (all attributes, collectively, per person, a “Persona”) for purposes of advertising and trade, in any format, medium, or technology now known or later developed without further notice, approval, or compensation, unless prohibited by law.
Entries that are in compliance with these Official Rules may, in Sponsor’s, Dalco Roofing’s, and/or Senior Minor Home Repair Fund, Inc.’s sole discretion, be posted to the Sponsor’s, Dalco Roofing’s and Senior Minor Home Repair Fund, Inc.’s Website(s) and to Sponsor’s, Dalco Roofing’s, and Senior Minor Home Repair Fund, Inc.’s social media as they are reviewed and verified by Sponsor, Dalco Roofing, and Senior Minor Home Repair Fund, Inc.
The use of multiple identities and/or accounts is prohibited, and any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries will void that participant’s entries and may result in participant’s disqualification. Incomplete, forged, altered, automated, mechanically reproduced, lost, late, misdirected, garbled, or illegible entries, or entries that do not meet the size or formatting requirements specified above, will be disqualified. Sponsor will not be responsible for failure to receive Entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender, Sponsor, or Sponsor’s Contest application service provider. In the event of a dispute, all Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent, provided that such person satisfies all other Contest eligibility requirements. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account.
All Entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of Entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
Contest Entry Periods:
Entry start (12:00 a.m.)
Entry end (11:59 p.m.)
Winner selection (week of)
January 31, 2023
February 12, 2023
February 13, 2023
January 31, 2023
March 12, 2023
March 13, 2023
January 31, 2023
April 16, 2023
April 17, 2023
January 31, 2023
May 14, 2023
May 15, 2023
January 31, 2023
June 11, 2023
June 12, 2023
January 31, 2023
July 16, 2023
July 17, 2023
January 31, 2023
August 13, 2023
August 14, 2023
January 31, 2023
September 10, 2023
September 11, 2023
January 31, 2023
October 15, 2023
October 16, 2023
January 31, 2023
November 12, 2023
November 13, 2023
January 31, 2023
December 10, 2023
December 11, 2023
January 31, 2023
January 14, 2024
January 15, 2024
4. Winner Selection. On or about the third week of each month, at the end of each Contest Entry Period set forth above, one (1) essay will be selected as the potential winner by a committee of qualified judges consisting of Sponsor, Dalco Roofing, and Senior Minor Home Repair Fund, Inc. staff as selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion, based on the following criteria (“Criteria”): (1) entry clarity and composition (25%); and (2) compelling reasons the Nominee deserves to win (75%). The Entry with the highest cumulative score for such Contest Entry Period will be designated the winning Entry of that Contest Period. All non-winning Entries from each Contest Entry Period will be considered in each subsequent Contest Entry Period. There will be a maximum of twelve (12) Grand Prize Winners.
5. Prize Description. Twelve (12) Grand Prizes: Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, one (1) Grand Prize Winner each Contest Entry Period will receive an assessment and roof repair for their home from Dalco Roofing, valued at up to $12,000, including professional installation. Each winner of the Grand Prize must be a homeowner with the full rights to allow the installation of the Grand Prize, where Dalco Roofing will verify such homeownership through a property tax record search, and Winner must reside in the Greater Houston Area, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Each Winner’s home must not exceed 2,500 square feet. Each Winner’s receipt of Grand Prize is conditioned upon Winner’s agreement to and execution of Dalco Roofing’s roofing and installation terms and conditions (“Dalco Terms”) (as determined in Dalco Roofing’s sole discretion). If a selected Winner does not meet the specifications described above, or otherwise does not execute the Dalco Terms, Winner will be ineligible and Sponsor will use the Criteria to select a new Winner. Up to twelve (12) Grand Prize Winners will be selected.
Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Grand Prize to be awarded: $12,000.
ARV of all prizes to be awarded: $144,000.
The ARV of all prizes is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. Winners will not receive difference between the actual retail value at the beginning of the Contest and the actual retail value at the time of prize delivery.
Limit: One (1) prize per person and per household. All prizes must be redeemed within 12 months from date of award.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. The Nominator of each potential winning Nominee will be notified on or about the date listed above for each Contest Period at the telephone number and/or email address provided on the potential winner’s entry form. In order to win, the Nominator must respond to Sponsor’s notification at the time of notice or attempted notice. Sponsor and Nominator will confer on the appropriate method to contact the winning Nominee.
In order to claim a prize, potential winner must respond to Sponsor’s notification within forty-eight (48) hours of notice or attempted notice.
Potential winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), which may need to be notarized and must be returned within five (5) business days of notification.
Sponsor’s inability to reach a potential winner after a reasonable (as solely determined by Sponsor) effort has been made, the failure of a potential winner to timely respond to a prize notification, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, and/or a potential winner’s failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in the potential winner’s disqualification and the selection of a substitute winner by a committee of qualified judges consisting of Sponsor, Dalco Roofing, and Senior Minor Home Repair Fund, Inc. staff as selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion based on the Criteria from among all remaining eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Sponsor will conduct up to three (3) alternate drawings, after which the prize will remain unawarded.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winner is solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
Any winning participant must be the same person who originally sent the entry through the official registration page to participate in a Contest. No family members, friends, office associates, or any other person will be allowed to participate in a Contest on another person’s behalf. A participant must provide his or her own name as listed on his or her valid Texas driver’s license or Texas state-issued ID (or other proof of Texas residency, such as a copy of a utility bill), subject to the Contest eligibility requirements. If a participant uses a false name on any ID submitted as proof of identification, he or she will be immediately disqualified from the Contest and be ineligible to win any prize.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest. In the event of a dispute, an entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the account from which the entry was sent. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address or other identifier automatically associated with the entry by a service provider that is responsible for assigning the same. The use of multiple identities and/or accounts is prohibited, and any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries will void that participant’s entries and may result in participant’s disqualification.
The use of multiple identities and/or accounts is prohibited, and any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries will void that participant’s entries and may result in participant’s disqualification. Incomplete, forged, altered, automated, mechanically reproduced, lost, late, misdirected, garbled, or illegible entries, or entries that do not meet the size or formatting requirements specified above, will be disqualified.
7. Publicity. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED, BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU AGREE THAT SPONSOR, CMG Media Corporation, DALCO ROOFING, Senior Minor Home Repair Fund, Inc., AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) HAVE THE ABSOLUTE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PUBLISH YOUR ENTRY ON THE WEBSITE AND TO BROADCAST, PUBLISH, OR OTHERWISE USE YOUR ENTRY AND/OR YOUR NAME, BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION, AND LIKENESS IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST OR FOR ANY COMMERCIAL, PUBLICITY, OR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSE WITHOUT LIMITATION, REVIEW OR APPROVAL, OR COMPENSATION TO YOU. BY ENTERING, YOU GRANT THE RELEASED PARTIES AN EXCLUSIVE, ROYALTY-FREE AND IRREVOCABLE LICENSE AND RIGHT (BUT NOT THE OBLIGATION) TO TELECAST, BROADCAST, COPY, EDIT, ADAPT, MODIFY, REPRODUCE, PUBLISH, CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS OF, DISTRIBUTE, USE, OR OTHERWISE PUBLICLY DISPLAY ANY OR ALL OF YOUR ENTRIES, OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, IN ANY MANNER OR MEDIUM THROUGHOUT THE WORLD IN PERPETUITY, FOR COMMERCIAL, PUBLICITY, OR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES, AND TO LICENSE OTHERS TO DO SO, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REVIEW OR APPROVAL, OR COMPENSATION TO YOU.
8. Participation. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Contest judges or administrators selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
9. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE CONTEST, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE.
10. Limitations of Liability. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING THE PRIZE(S), ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND THAT SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE PRIZE(S) AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY PARTICIPANTS, PRINTING OR PRODUCTION ERRORS, OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR EMPLOYED IN THE CONTEST; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE CONTEST; (4) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE CONTEST, THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES, OR THE NOTIFICATION OF ANY WINNER; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM A PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE.
No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded in the Contest. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the number of prizes specified as selected by a committee of qualified judges consisting of Sponsor, Dalco Roofing, and Senior Minor Home Repair Fund, Inc. staff as selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion from among all legitimate eligible prize claims.
11. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
12. Sponsor. The Dalco Roofing Contest is sponsored by CMG NY/Texas Radio, LLC, d/b/a Cox Media Group Houston. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Contest. For a list of winners (available after January 31, 2024) or a copy of these Official Rules, visit 93Qcountry.com, houstonseagle.com, or countrylegends971.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), Dalco Roofing Contest, 1990 Post Oak Blvd., Suite 2300, Houston, Texas 77056, Attn: Bill Tatar. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact Amanda Allwood at Bill.Tatar@CMG.com.
Help a Deserving Family Get a New Roof for Free!
SeaWorld Howl-O-Scream and Spooktacular
Play the Harley High Roller Contest
LISTEN LIVE: Listen to Houston’s Eagle now!
Dean & Rog’s Thousand Dollar Minute
Dean & Rog Mornings
On-air surprise: Joe Buck learns he is joining father in Pro Football Hall of Fame
Aaron Carter death: Nick Carter pays tribute to ‘baby brother’